$17.80 – $77.90
Ice-O-Gel Equine Gelled Liniment Tightener and Leg Freeze, Available in 16 oz, 48 oz and 1 Gal sizes
Ice-O-Gel is a tightener and freeze that aids in the treatment of tendon and ligament problems like bowed tendons, stocking up (edema), suspensory ligament damage and wind puffs. Ice-O-Gel cools, draws and tightens with little or no scurfing.
- Two or three squares of paper toweling or brown Kraft paper per leg
- Standing bandages (leg wrap and bandage)
- First, apply freely to leg by rubbing against and with hair.
- Then, apply to leg by rubbing only with the hair.
- Wrap with paper toweling or brown Kraft paper.
- Place standing bandage around leg. Leave on leg for 24 to 72 hours.
Repeat if needed. Although it is not necessary, you may leave Ice-O-Gel on leg while working out or walking horse. Remove with warm water. To freeze horses’ legs before racing, competitions or workouts, apply Ice-O-Gel (as directed above in steps 1-4) the night before. On the morning of the race or competition, rub Ice-O-Gel into the leg, paint over with DMSO, if desired, and wrap with a standing bandage. Prior to actually competing, remove bandage and rub in more Ice-O-Gel, followed by an application of DMSO. Wrap with a cold water bandage and place leg in ice tub or ice boot.
Ice-O-Gel can be used in conjunction with DMSO if desired (for example, as discussed above), but it is not necessary.